Cute girls!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I have to write this down so I won't forget how cute some of these things are...

Today while I was making dinner, Sydney was sitting on her pillow in the middle of the kitchen with the baseball bat. She was "rowing" and she explained she was on her boat in the middle of the ocean. Don't worry, I didn't drown. Apparently I can walk on the water.

Last night Sydney was playing out in the backyard and found another seashell. I don't know where they are coming from but if anyone could find one, Sydney would. She was so excited. She still loves sea shells. She plays with them quite regularly (just like some kids play with dolls). After she said her prayers last night, she said, "Mama, I just loooooove singing and dancing and sea shells!" I couldn't help but smile. That is so her. Consequently she slept with her shell last night. The first thing she wanted to show Mark this morning was her sea shell. (He usually gets home after the kids are already asleep so they usually come climb in our bed in the morning to hang out.)

Whenever we pull into the garage Sophie shouts out, "Kitty, where are you?" The neighbors have a cat a few houses down and sometimes it will come over to see Sophie. Obviously she loves that. It is so cute. Also the other day, when we were outside, Sophie picked a flower from one of the bushes and said "flou". I love all the little words she says.

When we go to pick Sydney up at school, sometimes we will park and walk up to get Sydney and her two friends Maddy and Ewa (pronounced Eva). There is this guy that is always waiting to pick up his granddaughter. For some reason Sophie always runs over to give him a hug. Never mind that she rarely gives hugs to anyone in her own family. But she always gives this guy a hug and then will sit down right next to him. He is Hispanic so he always comments about how blonde her hair is and how blue her eyes are. I think he is quite charmed that she is always excited to see him. Now, if we stay in the car and go through the pick-up line, Sophie always shouts out "Maddy", "Ewa", and "Sydney"...over and over. She is always so excited to see them. Of course I am too...ha, I get to listen to four very loud, chattering girls all the way home! They are fun though.

7 comments:

Shenna February 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

I love the rowing story! Madison is really getting into the make-believe stuff and it always makes me laugh.

Julie February 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Maybe you should ask that man to come to nursery with Sophie. She might enjoy it if he's there.

The Dominguez Family February 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Cy likes to pretend that he's the dad and I'll tell him okay go to work than he'll make up stuff like he can't find the keys or he's out of gas so he doesn't have to work so I'll tell him okay than take care of the kids and than magically he finds his keys to go to work! It's cute when they pretend stuff!

kara February 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Isn't just fun watching them grow up and discover. The other night Ty and I were in the car and he said "Mom a part of the moon broke off" I tried to explain it wasn't broken and it was the earth's shadow... but Josh said Kara just stop:)Yeah that's kind of heavy for a 3 year old. I love everything they learn and I love being there to watch. P.S. I enjoyed your new year resolutions thanks for sharing.

Unknown February 5, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

That is so cute! It's hard for me to believe Sophie is old enough to be talking so much! You are such a cute mom. And let me know if you find anything that works to make Sophie eat! AAAAAAHHHHH!

hillari February 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Those are precious things. I love how she hugs that random grandpa--that sounds like something Sareny would do.

Diana Hawkins February 6, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

I love these! I keep Baby Babble journals for my girls just because I want to remember these cute things when I am old and they are gone.

THanks for sharing - I enjoyed reading these.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP