The Giant Saw

Friday, February 6, 2009

This is on my dining room table in my living room. It is my brother-in-law, Dave's saw, that he let me borrow (and I owe him a huge thank-you...I'm not sure Mark really wants me to buy one of these yet) so I could put up a chair rail in Sydney's room. Seriously, it is the biggest saw I have ever seen but it is pretty cool. It can of course make miter cuts and bevel cuts. And don't worry, it is very safe...as in there is no chance that either of my kids will get hurt with this being out. Actually, Sophie is very uninterested in it (I only wish she felt the same about the pantry and the entertainment center).
Since Sydney loves the beach and all stuff beachy so much, we are going to do her room in sort of a surfer girl theme. But in keeping with my sense of neutral colors that will go with anything, I did the walls in two tones of a warm chocolate with the lightest shade on top. Then we will hopefully find a white bed and cute Hawaiian print or surfer girl bedding...I know Pottery Barn always has some fun stuff in their summer line. I also have some fun ideas for window treatments that will bring in some fun colors. And of course we will have to display some sea shells! It is still a work in progress so maybe in a few months I will post some updates as we add more to this room.

I installed the chair rail after I had painted and it ended up being so easy. I even did a rounded corner and it turned out perfect! Although, I couldn't have done any of this without the fabulous saw!
The only snags in this whole project (if they could even be considered snags) was tripping the breaker when I first plugged in the saw. Apparently, this saw requires about 120v...and I'm sure it is no where near what the vacume usually sucks out of the wall! So after figuring out how to break out of my garage (it was on the same circuit) and eventually figuring out how to reset the circuit...everything went pretty smooth. I think this may be one of the first times I didn't start a project and have something I hadn't planned for (structurally or whatever) pop up!

13 comments:

The Dominguez Family February 6, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

You are soooo awesome! It looks really good.

Bekah February 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

This is amazing! I want to be like you when I grow up.

Amy O'Neill February 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Wow!! You go!! We have one of those too but I told Robert I need some "training" before I use it!! I can't wait to see what you do with Sydney's room. We are going to do a beach/ surfer theme in our girls room too. All we have is the bedding and surfboard rug, so I am looking for some ideas!!

Kathleen February 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

wow--where did you learn to do all that stuff? you are just so cool! the room is really cute too--i love the PB kids surfer line!

Cara February 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

What?!!! How do you know how to do this and all the technical terms for it!? I'm hiring you when i buy my first house to come and renovate it! You're amazing!!!

Krystal February 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

good work on those corners! the room looks great! so now are you going to move on to crown molding? :D

Auralee February 9, 2009 at 6:19 AM  

That looks great!! Hope you don't mind if we use some of your ideas for our place someday.

Jilynn February 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

It looks awesome! Dave will be so impressed and I am just glad that saw finally got some use after sitting in our garage for years! Keep it as long as you want!

brockbank February 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

you're so handy! I can't wait to see the end result!

Unknown February 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

What man wouldn't seriously LOVE to be married to a handy woman like you!!!! I'm amazed...can't wait to see the finished product!

hillari February 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

you are amazing! i am in awe.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family February 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

i cannot believe you can do stuff like that--i would LOVE to be able to do that. oh wait, i would need to own a house first!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP