Kiki's and Loved Animals

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I needed to take some pictures of the girls with their kiki's (blankets) and well loved stuffed animals. I think it is so funny what they decide is their kiki and animal. When Sophie was born, I tried to get her to love this adorable blanket I recieved but instead, Sophie latched onto this hot pink number that was a hand-me-down of Sydney's. This duck was also Sydney's before Sophie came along...but clearly, ownership has changed hands. And not to forget the ever present bink in her mouth. We are always running around our house looking for kiki and Duck and bink...
I found this old picture of Sydney (probably when she was about Sophie's age...maybe a little younger) with her kiki and of course her bink. Thank goodness her bink is long gone. Cow was around then too, but apparently not pictured in this picture. Actually she didn't receive Cow until we moved to Phoenix...and they were inseperable for many years.


Here's Sydney with her kiki and Cow (and no bink). Actually she doesn't really sleep with either of them on a regular basis. Once in awhile I'll find them in her room, but usually she leaves them in Sophie's room now and just doesn't seem to need them anymore. Over the last few years there have been several other stuffed animals that Sydney phased through...such as Monkey (that was almost lost in St. George), Winnie the Pooh, Puppy, Sheepy (she made the name up...not me), two Pet Shop animals (I believe they were named Sparkle and Buttercup) and most recently yet another puppy (this one she named Peter, seriously we have no idea where she comes up with these) that her Grandma sent her for Valentine's. She still loves all her stuffed creatures and usually finds at least one of them to hide in her bed.


And that's all folks. Peace out!

6 comments:

Kimberly February 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

All of my kids have become extremely attached to their blankies. It's always a traumatic experience when I have to wash them. I find myself sneaking around trying to wash it without them seeing it or else I have a crying child standing beside the washing machine and dryer waiting for it to be done.

hillari February 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

My kids have never gotten attached to anything! And I tried, just like you did with the cute blanket. Anyway, that's cute!

PML February 15, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

It is funny how they can get so attached to their blankets. I made my blog private but I don't have your email address. Let me know what it is if you want an invite. sethpeggy@gmail.com

Unknown February 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

That's so cute! I WISH my kids would latch onto blankets and stuffed animals instead of toothbrushes and plastic spoons!

Kathleen February 22, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

my kiddos have their lovies as well--"dolly" for emily and "blue bear" and two blue blankies for christian. gosh, what would kids do without lovies though?? cute pictures!

hillari February 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

So I just looked up the museum--it looks pretty cool. So you have a membership there? It's a little expensive, do you think it is worth it?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP