Tagged!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

This is such a fun way to get to know our story a little bit better. Robyn "tagged" me so now I have to answer the questions about us! Then at the end I can tag other people to post a blog similar to this one.
1. Where did you meet your husband?
We were in the same ward and apartment building (Jamestown at Liberty Square) at BYU. We knew each other for a year before we really started hanging out all the time. Mark had a cool group of guys that me and a few friends used to go hang out with lots. We would go watch their Ultimate Frisbee games or "dunk ball" games. But mostly we spent time with all of "Saus" (that's what everyone called the Mark's friends) watching basketball and other sports and hanging out with them.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I have no idea??? Probably...something about how tall he was! (actually, I think the first time I ever met Mark, Robyn was there...and since he had just returned from Venezuela, Robyn and him were probably talking Spanish or talking about how he spoke Spanish! At least that's what I vaguely remember)
3. Where was your first date?
This one makes me laugh...because Mark and I honestly never really went on "dates"...at least none that I can really recall. We always just hung out with all of Saus. Well ok, sometimes, they would plan a big group date and we would go along on those. Actually I have plenty of memories of going to see "Testaments" at the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. in Salt Lake for Saus dates. I can't even begin to count how many times we went and saw "Testaments"...probably because the guys always thought this would impress the girl of the week they were currently dating!
4. Where was your first kiss?
Hmmm...we (as in all of Saus and most of our ward) had all gone up to Brock's cabin up one of the canyons in the Salt Lake area. Actually it was always gorgeous up there and I have so many memories of all the fun games we used to play up there and hiking to Doughnut Falls (I think that is what it was called). Anyway, the sun was setting and Mark and I were sitting on top of Weiss' car...and a side note, everyone was watching either from through the trees, or from the hammock, or up in the cabin!
5. Did you seem to have a long or short engagement?
I think it went by pretty fast. We were engaged for about three and a half months. I guess with school and work and wedding plans it went by fast. Plus it was my last semester of having the most fun with all my girls!
6. Where did you get engaged?
Mark proposed to me out on the soccer fields behind Brigham's Landing (the fields where I played lots of intramural soccer games and Mark played lots of Ultimate Frisbee and softball). This was really special to me because I have always loved soccer and it was really important to me.
7. Where were you married?
We were married in the San Diego Temple, May 4 2001. It was beautiful there and San Diego still remains one of my most favorite places to visit.
8. How was the reception?
We ended up having a reception in Redding, CA and also one in Forest Lake, MN. Both were fun and had lots of yummy food. It was fun to see lots of old friends and family.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for seven days! We stayed at a beautiful resort right on the beach. Some of the fun things we did were going on quads for a few hours through the jungle. We had stopped in this tiny village and these little kids had this burro that Mark climbed on so I could take his picture. Another day we took this boat to this island and hiked in to this waterfall and swimming hole. Mark and I climbed up the cliffs and jumped off. I cut my forehead really bad. Apparently, I was wearing my ring and when I hit the water, somehow my hand grazed the side of my face and cut open my forehead. Then when I got out I had blood streaming down my face. Everyone was all worried but of course I had no idea what had happened. Good thing someone had a baby wipe for me to clean off my face. (We were back in the middle of no where on this island) Then my most favorite thing we did was one evening we took another boat to this other island and had a really romantic dinner on the beach with tiki torches lit all around. Afterwards we saw this show at an outdoor theater. Ahhh...good memories! I can definitely say I am looking forward to the next time Mark and I can escape somewhere without kids!
Well that is how we met and now I have to tag someone else to post on their blog or website. I'm going to tag Catherine and Auralee and Heather (because I don't think they have done this yet on their blogs...well maybe Heather has, so Heather you don't have to if you already did this). I guess I don't know that many people that blog or have websites (and those that I do, have already done something like this!)

1 comments:

Unknown September 15, 2007 at 8:29 PM  

Yay! I'm so glad you posted this! It's funny because I think I was in the DR for most of yours and Mark's dating life, so I read about everything by email. I loved going to Minnesota for your reception, though...although I felt like the third wheel hanging out with you cute newlyweds! You guys are still such a cute couple!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP