Kindergarten

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sydney has started Kindergarten! She LOVES Kindergarten...in fact, last weekend she was so sad that Kindergarten is not in session on Saturdays and Sundays! She has already been in school for almost two weeks now. Although we miss her, we are so glad she has the opportunity to attend such a great school! Here's Sydney on "Meet the Teacher" day.
Here she is on the first day of school...notice she is standing under a tree! Yup, one of our trees in actually big enough now to stand under it (in the shade).
We were almost late to school the first day because the traffic on Mondays is horrible (and we have to take the freeway during rush hour). We made it just in time for her to find her best friend Maddy and then the teachers blew the whistle for all the kids to line up. I didn't really get to take many pictures of her but this is Sydney in line with her class. That's her teacher.
Like I said before, Sydney LOVES Kindergarten. She is learning to write and read and lots of other cool things. She works so hard on her homework each night to make sure she learns all the new concepts. We are so proud of her. She already had to recite her first poem and she was able to do it perfectly!

8 comments:

Unknown August 20, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

I can't believe you have a kindergartener! Did you cry on the first day? I'm sure I'll be bawling like a baby!

Andie August 20, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

Kindergarten is the best! Past first grade or so, my kids don't think school is so cool anymore. Enjoy!

Jamie Parke August 20, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

I am so happy to hear that she loves it. Jillian is going to preschool again this year but it doesn't start until September 15th. I am dying trying to find things to keep them entertained until then. I never thought summer could be too long:).

Kimberly August 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Oh, what a sweetheart! She looks so adorable...I just loved kindergarten!

The Frosts August 21, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Welcome to the drama that is school! She's so adorable and will do so well at ATS. It's such a good place for our kids to be on the west side.

Heather Shepherd August 21, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

I love her poses! Brooke likes to make the same ones. Is it a girl thing? I'd better go look at my little girl photos and see if I did it too...

Kathleen August 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

wasn't she just born???? she just looks so grown up! i'm glad school's such a big hit!

Jilynn August 22, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I am so happy that she likes it! I'm glad that she already has a best friend in her class, it probably made it easier for her. I can't believe she did a poem already! This must be a tough school!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP