ASU

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our lives have changed dramatically this month with Mark beginning the evening MBA program at ASU. So far he has been in school for about two weeks and we are starting to adjust to this new gruelling lifestyle! A typical week seems to be Mark leaving for work in the morning and returning home between 9:00 and 10:00 pm depending on whether he has class or not. Weekends don't seem to be too much better. This semester he decided to take one of the electives which is on Saturdays all day long. Even though he is not around much and is usually pretty tired when he is home, we are still doing ok. I realized that by the time he graduates from ASU, Sydney will be done with first grade and Sophie will be three years old! Wow...I'm sure it will go by pretty fast. Sometimes I think that situations like this actually help me to be a better parent because I have to step it up a notch. I am more patient and try harder to do lots of fun things with both girls and still make life as normal as possible even though Mark can't participate. I also try to stay busy and focused and remember all the blessings we have and the future we can look forward to, once these chapters in our life are complete.


Of course, just because Mark is now officially a Sun Devil...it doesn't mean we haven't forgotten where we came from! Don't worry, we still bleed blue and are true Cougar fans! Is everyone excited for college football season to begin? This time of year always brings back lots of fun memories from BYU. Go Cougars!

6 comments:

Jamie Parke August 28, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

What a great attitude Maylene! You are an inspiration. I would probably just think I needed more naps.

hillari August 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

wow--good luck Maylene! I'm struggling with my life, and fortunately Keith doesn't have that grueling a schedule. You'll have to give me some hints.

Unknown August 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Yeah...you really do have an awesome attitude! It'll all be worth it in the end! Good luck!

Kimberly August 29, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

What a journey! I totally know how you feel!

Jilynn August 29, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

This was a great post! Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed with Mark not being there you can go back and read it and hopefully it will help you to cheer up! It sure inspired me! We love you guys and you can come to visit us anytime especially if you need a break!

Summer September 5, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

I can really empathize with you on this one! Phil's gone long hours at work and then comes home to do his MBA work online, which isn't much better than if he was gone. It goes by really fast. I don't know which is harder... just us and the kids, or them missing out?? Poor guys, but yeah for furthering their education!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP