M&M's

Friday, February 29, 2008



Too much free time...well maybe! This is our most recent family portrait. I thought is would be fun to post up some fun things about members of the Poulsen family that everyone probably doesn't know about us!

Mark is the oldest and tallest. He is 6'5". He is super normal. Maybe that's because the rest of us have plenty of things to keep his life mixed up! He has mountains of patience when each of his girls are demanding his exclusive attention...all at once. He loves the smell of new shoes. When he got his new running shoes he put them by the side of our bed and mostly just smelled them for a few weeks rather then using them.

I (Maylene) am the second oldest but I am only 5'4". I probably could write an entire book on all the funny things about me! However, I will only include a few that come to mind. I love to eat cereal and sandwiches and if I lived by myself, this is probably all that would be in my fridge or pantry. I like to sleep with lots of pillows and I like to sleep in the middle of the bed. I also LOVE mowing the lawn. At night when Mark is trying to fall asleep, I am often pondering and discussing whatever problems or ideas are floating around in my head. Most of the topics are about science or some abstract theory. I love the Laws of Thermodynamics but I'm not so sure Mark is elated to be talking about them at 10:30 pm...especially when he has to go to work the next day.

Sydney is 3'4" tall and will be 5 years old in July! She wants to be an "ice-cream scoop person" when she grows up and also she wants to ring doorbells. Nothing we say can convince her otherwise. Oh well, maybe she can combine her two passions and sell ice-cream door to door. Sydney spends hours cutting out ponys from her My Little Pony coloring book and coloring them for us. They are all over my house. Every once in awhile we have to decide which ponys to keep and which ones to donate to the recycle bin. Sydney likes to collect stuff. No matter how hard I try to keep her shelves clean they are always covered with sea shells, rocks, leaves, rose petals, unsharpened pencils, bracelets and necklaces, small toys, stickers, trophies, and a large number of other miscellaneous items. She still sleeps with her beloved cow and her "kiki" (her favorite blanket). The world would come to an end if we lost either of these important items. Sydney said she would like to move to South America where all the rides are. After further inquiry into this odd request we figured out she meant Mall of America.

Sophie is nine months old now and weighs in at about 15 lbs. She spends her days getting into things. Her favorite thing to do is pull off the ends of the door stops and put them in her mouth and then tweak the door stop (it makes a great sound). (I am currently working on a plan to permanently adhere those rubber stops to the springs) After she is done with the door stops, she makes sure to stop by the fridge to pull all the magnetic letters off and throw them all over the kitchen. Then it's on to Sydney's craft table to see if there are any delicious crayons to sample. Sophie doesn't like to drink formula or eat baby food...she would rather eat cheerios, bits of cheese, baby fishies, and bananas. She also has a "kiki" she loves and gives big kisses to whenever she sees it! She is good at shrieking to get attention.

4 comments:

Ryan Anderson March 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Gotta love those "super normal" husbands! Cute idea of things to post. Maybe I'll do that on my blog, too.

Unknown March 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Sydney would be the cutest ice cream scooper EVER! Maybe she'll invent a cool ice cream shop like Cold Stone. That's so funny that you LOVE mowing the lawn and talking about the laws of thermodynamics late at night. You are such a funny girl...I love it! You should write a book about yourself...and it should include all the funny things you did in college. I miss you!

Heather Shepherd March 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

you should post that family portrait as your header! Super cute!

Jilynn March 5, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

Tell Sydney that we know the creator of Cold Stone if she would like some advice or a job! I was a little offended when you called Mark "normal" but the more I thought about it, I realized I guess I am normal too! Must run in the family! Did you notice Isabelle's outfit in her picture? You gave it to her! It is so cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP