Waiting in line....

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

...for SNOW! Last Saturday night, we attended a community event that Sydney was performing in. One of the main attractions was the snow. There were three areas fenced off with snow for the kids to play in. Mark and I waited with the girls for almost 30 minutes so they could play in the snow. What's even funnier is Sydney wanted to get back in line after her turn and wait all over again. I couldn't help posting a picture of the line to play in the snow (for those people where snow is abundant and no one would even dream of waiting in line to play in it...much less look at it). Notice there is some guy in the line in shorts and a t-shirt. Typical Arizonans! I still can't get over the fact that I waited in a long line to play in some snow...

Finally it was our turn for the snow. I completely forgot to bring mittens for Sydney (or buy some since we don't have any). She had fun anyway. She observed that snow is indeed cold.
Sophie also liked slipping and sliding around. I was so afraid the girls were going to be all wet, right before Sydney's show. I had to keep picking Sophie up off the snow because she wanted to sit in it.

Here's Sydney with her hat and scarf before we went over to the stage where she was meeting her group for their dance.
All the little girls had to line up and stay together. She did such a good job on her performance. I guess it's a good thing that she loves dancing so much, because she has yet another show to perform in this weekend. Sorry I didn't get any good pictures of her on stage. It was really dark and since this was an outdoor event, the lighting was not the best...therefore the pictures on our camera didn't come out very well.
So just a little bit more about Sydney and dancing. We have noticed that she loves to dance. For example, one Monday night we had just come home from her weekly 2 hours at the studio (where she has dance and acro). You would think after that much dancing she would be ready for a break. But not this little ballerina. She insisted that I put the Nutcracker music on and then proceeded to dance around the livingroom for the next hour. She frequently puts on her ballet slippers to dance...whenever there is music on. We have also noticed that she has a difficult time just "walking" when we are out. She is always dancing and hopping and skipping around (although, that is probably just a 5 year old thing). Also, if she hears a song she likes while we are out, she always tells me to bring that song in the house so she can dance to it. And so because I can tell that she loves to dance so much, I endure going to dance week after week and allowing her to participate in any opportunity to dance!

11 comments:

Jilynn December 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

I bet Sydney is a great dancer! I had no idea. I'll have to ask her to dance for me at Christmas . . .

Andie December 10, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Ummmm, yeah, can't imagine standing in line for an hour regarding snow, unless it's in an airport line to ESCAPE it!

Hmmmm, that little girl who has to skip and dance everywhere reminds me of someone I know....;-)

hillari December 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

She looks so cute in her dance outfit. Where do you take her? Sareny would love that. You can email that info instead of posting it if you want. Although, you may not have my email. hkfallstrom at gmail dot com. Although obviously not written like that. :)

Sandy December 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

That is crazy that it was dark by the time you got to the snow! My kids would have done the same thing. Looks like a fun day!
PS Thanks again for the gingerbread house party! Maddy had so much fun!

Amy December 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

How fun! I want to play in the snow:)

Heather Shepherd December 11, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

I busted a gut thinking about waiting in line for snow! As it came down on Monday I was mad!

I thought how funny it is that now that I'm an adult my prayers are for the snow to stay away vs. when I was a kid and prayed for the snow to come (so school would be cancelled...)

Jen December 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Remember how much I loved to dance in college? I was JUST like Sydney when I was her age or younger. She may continue skipping, kicking, and twirling for a LONG time to come.

Krystal December 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

In the picture of syndey dancing, is sophie falling off the couch?

Kathleen December 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

i wonder if everyone would be so anxious to play outdoors if they had the freezing cold that usually accompanies the snow. i like snow, but the cold is no fun with kids. arizona has the right idea--bring the snow in...not the cold!

Cara December 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Come visit me :) No waiting in line needed for the white fluffy Stuff!

Tami H. January 7, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Wow, an hour to play in the snow. I bet you NEVER would have fathomed that growing up where you did! Sydney is super cute in her hat and scarf. Sophie's hair seems REALLY light. You have gorgeous girls!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP