Bear Lake.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

As promised...here is the second half of our vacation! After spending about a week in Utah, Mark flew up to join me and we all drove to his family cabin up in Bear Lake. It was gorgeous up there...fresh cool air, a turquoise colored lake, lots of space for the kids to run around, and way too much good food to eat! We went out on the boat every day to take the kids tubing and grown-ups water skiing! The water was pretty cold, but once you got in, it wasn't that bad! Here are some shots of Mark out skiing!



One morning we took some of the kids to this cave and hiked up and down LOTS of stairs to get down inside of it! It was pretty cool (or cold I should say...that cave stayed at a constant 40 degrees).
The kids loved playing down on the beach and collecting sea shells. Although the shells they were collecting were from these itty-bitty snails or something similar that would live in a freshwater lake.





On the Fourth, we headed to Paris, ID which is just one of those little towns for a parade! The kids loved it. They threw out so much candy. The parade went down one side of the street and back up the other...so the girls went with Grandma to stand on the other side of the street in the beginning so they could get even more candy!
We did lots of sparklers and set off some fireworks and then watched an amazing fireworks display that one of the neighbor cabins apparently puts on every year!
There are so many other things I wish I had taken pictures of! Actually, I was way too busy relaxing and having fun to haul the camera everywhere! One of the highlights of Bear Lake was going to Le Beau's for raspberry milkshakes and hamburgers and fries! I really can't believe I didn't get at least one picture of this...since someone went out at least once a day to go get a shake or fries from there. Le Beau's is a place like no other! Another fun part of the cabin was the hammock. The kids spent so much time playing in the hammock and I'll admit I thought the hammock was pretty cool. My last picture is a shot from the beach. That spec in the distance is the boat out towing the kids on the tube! Look at that water!
It was kind of sad to come home. Good bye, Bear Lake...we'll come again another summer to visit!



7 comments:

Jilynn July 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of LaBeaus either! What were we thinking? Next year. . .
Did you hear, Greg and the family are coming down next week!

Unknown July 17, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

I love raspberry milkshakes at bear lake! I think I've only had them like once, but I remember them being sooo good! I'm glad you had fun!

Hollie July 18, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

hey girl! what fun pics! i have tried 2 go water skiing like once and could never really get all the way up. i gave up and just rode wave runners! luv them! :) cute blog by the way!

The Dominguez Family July 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Wow it looks like you guys had so much fun!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen July 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

That looks like it was such a fun vacation!! I'm sure you're sad it's over, but welcome back! :)

Twinkies July 31, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Hey Mark and Maylene! Mika and I were excited when we accidentally came across your blog. We had wondered what happened to you guys. Your girls are very cute! Pete and Mika Crain

The Frosts August 1, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

We didn't know you had a blog. We do too, it's phoenixfrost.blogspot.com. We'll blog you later :)!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP