Running in an Oven!

Monday, July 9, 2007

I am officially trying to lose the last of my baby weight...and unfortunately the best way to slim down and build my muscle tone back up is by running. Mark has also decided to run and do crunches and push-ups with me. Imagine running after dark in an oven that smells like cows. Well that is what it is like most nights. We don't like going until the sun goes down because it is even hotter when the sun is beating down on you. Crunches and push-ups are much easier because we can just do those in the house! Last night Mark was finishing up some sets and Sydney was also copying him (like usual). She got done doing her version of crunches and said "Wheww, Daddy, I am so puffed out!" We think she meant "pooped out" or something like that but it was so funny. I asked Mark if he was puffed out as well.

And my next story is about...I haven't been able to wear contacts since about my seventh month of pregnancy with Sophie because my eyes changed shape and then because I didn't know at first, I kept wearing my contacts and developed scar tissue on both my eyes. However, I am taking drops now to help them get better...and hopefully go back to contacts! One night last week, I stepped in the shower (without my glasses of course) and I saw this huge blurry bug of sorts running all over the shower floor! I screamed so loud and immedietly wrapped up in a towel and ran to get Mark. It turned out it was a cockroach the size of Texas running around in there. Sydney was all excited and was peering through the glass on the tub side to see the giant "roach". This is the first time we have ever seen any of these in the house or even around the house. Thank goodness Mark was home. I could never have killed a bug that big. Sydney is so funny about bugs. One day she found this tiny caterpillar outside in the back yard. Seriously it was probably only a few millimeter long. She was fascinated with it though. I got her a shoe box which she filled with some leaves and rocks and lots of dirt (because thats all our back yard is right now) and then she asked me for some water for it. This tiny caterpillar entertained her all afternoon! She was also so concerned where the caterpillars family might be and that it was all alone. Unfortunately the caterpillar died later in the afternoon...maybe from too much attention...maybe from too much sun, who knows. Even caterpillars probably end up in Heaven!

2 comments:

Heather Shepherd July 10, 2007 at 7:33 AM  

I loved the "puffed out" comment! What funny things little ones think we say.

Start saving up for Lasik! That was the biggest miracle in my life. I couldn't even wear my contacts any more after Luke was born!

Unknown July 10, 2007 at 2:52 PM  

Sydney is such a character! It's so funny because in my mind she's still a little one-year old, but obviously she's changed A LOT since I last saw you guys...it's been WAY TOO LONG! I dreamed about huge bugs like that in the shower the other night...the next morning I kept looking thinking that one was going to pop out, but it never did. Good thing you sort of saw it before getting in the shower!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP