Sydney's Birthday Party

Friday, September 18, 2009

Sydney turned 6 in July! She hasn't had a "birthday party" for a few years so I agreed that this year she could have one, and she decided on a Disney Fairies theme. Now unfortunately, her birthday happened to fall about two weeks before we were moving and so several times I tried to bribe her with something else so that I could just cancel the party thing. However, she insisted and I felt bad that our move was going to get in the way of her 6th birthday, so I let her have one anyway. Actually, it didn't end up being too much work and the party itself was lots of fun! The girls all got to plant mini-gardens. Seeds, dirt, a little water, and their own planters, they LOVED this! Then they decorated wands with lots of glitter and rhinestones.
I bought a Costco cake and then put a few fairies on top to make it a bit more Disney fairyish.

I also threw down a blanket in the living room so they could all eat pizza and Capri Suns while they watched Tinkerbell!

And last but not least, I made each girl a "tinkerbell" tutu. It was so cute to see all the girls running around (including Sophie) in their tutus and waving their wands.






Sydney had fun with her friends and enjoyed all the presents this year!

6 comments:

Heather Shepherd September 18, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

super cute! you always have great ideas! do you have a pattern for the tutus?

Tami H. September 19, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

great ideas!!! how did you make the tutu's?

Auralee September 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Wow Maylene! You are such an amazing mom =)

Maylene September 19, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I ended up googling "tutu tutorial" and researched a little. I like this link...pretty basic easy instructions which I used as a basic pattern.

http://plumtickled.typepad.com/plumtickled/2007/08/tutu-tutorial-t.html

brockbank October 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

What a fun party! You are so great to make all those tutu's. They are adorable!!

kara October 6, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Wow I'm really impressed by the tutu talent! Sydney sure is growing. Your family looks great. P.S. let me know the next time you come to San Diego since we live there now it would be fun to meet up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP