Grass!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We have been in our house for almost two years and FINALLY we have some grass in the backyard. It has definitely been a process. When we first moved in Mark noticed some guys doing some patio work for one of the neighbors and contracted them to extend our patio (according to my design...of course!). So that was the first step. Then pretty much nothing happened until last July when I decided to just have someone install our sprinkler system, drip, and curbing.
This is right after they put in the curbing so the cement isn't even dry yet. That's why it looks so dark.
Then at the beginning of December we (including Mark's Dad, myself, Mark, and his brother Jim) laid the sod. It was very labor intensive but it looks great now. Plus we saved lots of money by installing the sod ourselves.
I just took this picture the other night and it has really grown together nicely. Actually the part right up by the patio and house is still a little lighter and hasn't completely rooted due to the fact that it has not received any sun for about a month. But now that the days are getting longer it is getting more sun so I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as the back half of the lawn soon. In fact, we are going to have to mow it pretty soon because the back part is getting pretty long and thick.
I have huge plans to put in trees and lots of plants and shrubs around the outside of the curbing. I think this is the fun part. It is so nice to have something green to look at everyday. Once I get all the plants in I'll have to post an update. Also we have been working on the front yard and it is coming along quite nicely! Ok...I guess this is sort of a boring post but I just love having some grass and I am excited about the transformation in our backyard!

2 comments:

Kimberly January 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Your grass looks great! Now you have somewhere for your girls to go play, I bet that feels good. Devon and I laid the sod in our backyard, and, you're right, it is a lot of work!

It's been awhile since I looked at your blog and Sophie is so big! It's amazing how fast babies grow. It looks like you had a nice Christmas, too! Happy New Year!

Ryan Anderson January 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

Maylene I love your blog! How do you have the time? We are slowly getting into the blog thing too, we post about once every three months! :-) Glad you are doing well. We loved your Christmas card! I also love your pictures of green grass. It's COLD here in Minnesota! --Andrea

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP