White Elephant Gifts...

Sunday, December 16, 2007

This weekend we attended a few Christmas parties and received several interesting "white elephant" gifts. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite games and always makes me laugh at some of the random things that get wrapped up! I am modeling this eye magnifying thing we recieved called MagEyes. What can I say...absolutely ridiculous...but I had a thought to possibly put them on while I was reading a few scriptures during the talk I had to give today at church. Can you imagine if the speaker in church just whipped out a pair of these and started reading their talk?
Then we recieved a few DVD's. I think some of these might be those DVD's one might find in the $1.00 bins at Walmart or something. The first DVD is "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", the second one is "Blooper Bananza 1960's" and the last one was "The Karate Kid" (which actually wasn't so bad). I guess the titles say it all! If anyone is dying to watch any of these DVD's we would be happy to let them borrow them.
The next gift we received was this giant porcelain cat that Sydney promptly named "Snowflake". As you can see from the pictures it looks more like some kind of fish or something from far away. If any of you think this might go with your decor...I would be happy to bring it over. Meanwhile...Snowflake is currently out in the dining area until I find an appropriate closet for him/her.
The last gift we managed to bring home was one of those giant universal remotes. Sydney was also thrilled by this because she can easily push all the buttons, plus it lights up. I guess we won't be losing this remote. At least this remote is nice and new and clean (because our other remote is probably crawling with micro organisms that I don't want to know about).
All in all...we had some good laughs over everything! It was sort of a crazy weekend trying to get everything done and get to our parties and prepare talks that we had to give today.

3 comments:

Auralee December 17, 2007 at 6:21 AM  

Nice blog update-it was very funny!

Unknown December 17, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

I'm impressed by the gifts people brought! I wish I had cool stuff like that laying around to give as a white elephant gift! You SHOULD have put those glasses on during your talk. I would LOVE it if someone did that! Anyway, too funny!

Jen December 22, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

Maylene -- I looked up your MagEyes. . . did you know that they retail for about $30!!! Think E-Bay. . . :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP