Sydney's Dance Recital

Monday, June 25, 2007

Sydney's First Pair of Ballet Slippers.

Sydney finished off her first year of dance by participating in the annual production put on by her dance studio. Although it was kind of stressful getting ready for the big day...it turned out super cute. She sang and danced to this song (I think it might be from Little Mermaid II) "Shhhh, Please! Don't Wake the Whale" Here is a cute pose of Sydney in her costume and makeup. Yes, make-up...it requires lots of patience to try and put eyeliner and mascara on a three year old.

At the end of the dance everyone had to make an X, and Sydney was showing us her X!


I know it is kind of hard to see much in this picture...but Sydney is the last dancer on the right. She was the youngest (and shortest) girls in her class so she was on the end of the line-up. This was a picture from the dress-rehearsal day.


Dress rehearsal was hilarious. We made it to the school where she would be performing at and checked into the little girls dressing room (which was the band room, I guess). There were probably 50 other little girls and their mom's getting their hair, make-up, and costumes on. It was pretty crazy in the dressing room...you can only imagine. All the little girls were SUPER excited to get all dressed up. I tried so hard to get a few cute pictures of all the little girls in her class but I felt like a paparazzi chasing Sydney and the rest of them around the room. They kept jumping down the "steps" in the room and chasing each other all around. I'm really glad I didn't have to be a room mom on the day of the recital. The room moms' job was to keep all the girls in their assigned class in their costume (without letting them mess up their hair and make-up or tear those cute costumes!) and keep these excited little girls quiet and occupied for FOUR hours. Can you believe that?? I just held my breath when the lights when on for Sydney's dance, just hoping she had made it out onto the stage all in one piece! I guess it all worked out somehow.



Here are a few of the girls in Sydney's class.



Congratulations Sydney! You are our cute little ballerina!


4 comments:

Heather Shepherd June 27, 2007 at 6:31 AM  

Oh, how precious!! Sydney looks so grown up with her makeup on.
Brooke starts dance in September and I can’t wait to see her perform. She dances the funny little dances all around our house.

Unknown June 27, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

Sydney is so cute and SO GROWN UP! I hope I have a little girl someday that I can dress up and put makeup on. I don't think Joe would let me dress Parker up....oh well! By the way--you look GREAT in your family picture...I can't believe you just had a baby! How is little Sophie by the way?

Cara June 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM  

Sydney is adorable!!! It sounds like so much fun... for you and her. Maylene - I totally remember your days of just loving pink and I can imagine that you loved to play dressup as a little girl. Sydney is following right in her mother's footsteps! And, the picture of your family is so cute on the website! I can't wait to see you guys!!

Kimberly June 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM  

Hi Maylene! I have to admit I look at your blog from time to time! Dance recital and a newborn...wow! It's a lot to juggle isn't it?! But, you seem to be doing great and your girls are so cute! I loved the dance pictures!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP